This website contains links to publicly available data released by Kostas lab.
Publications from Kostas lab
and Research projects at Kostas
- Chattahoochee River metagenomes (under review)
- Chattahoochee River for ARGs
- Atlanta and Maputo child gut microbiomes (under review)
- Comparison of child gut microbiome profiles between Atlanta, USA and Maputo, Mozambique reveals an influence of inadequate sanitation on early childhood development
- MAGs from EcoZUR (under review)
- Gut microbiome changes during acute diarrheal disease in urban versus rural settings in northern Ecuador
- Stable microbial communities of Thermopyles springs (under review)
- Time series metagenomic sampling of the Thermopyles, Greece, geothermal springs reveals stable microbial communities dominated by novel sulfur-oxidizing chemoautotrophs
- Floods in urban Atlanta (under review)
- Metagenomics indicate that public health risk may be higher from floods following dry relative to rainy periods
- Salterns (under review)
- Toward quantifying the adaptive role of bacterial pangenomes during environmental perturbations
- MAGs Vieques (under review)
- Microbial description of a military impacted lagoon in Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Cassava (under review)
- Metagenomic analysis of the microbial communities in a cassava flour processing plant.
- PR Soils (2021)
- Taxonomic and functional characterization of tropical rainforest soil microbial communities along an elevation gradient and implications for nitrogen cycling
- NTO (2021)
- Bacteria make a living breathing the nitroheterocyclic insensitive munitions compound 3-Nitro-1,2,4-triazol-5-one (NTO)
- MicrobeAnnotator (2021)
- MicrobeAnnotator: A comprehensive annotation and metabolic potential prediction tool
- Vaginal microbiota (2020)
- Comparison of vaginal microbiota in gynecologic cancer patients pre- and post-radiation therapy and healthy women
- Soil multi-omics (2019)
- Comparing DNA, RNA and protein levels for measuring microbial dynamics in soil microcosms amended with nitrogen fertilizer
- Anaerobic degradation of phenanthrene (2019)
- Anaerobic degradation of phenanthrene coupled to sulfate reduction by enriched consortia from northern Gulf of Mexico seafoor sediment
- Viral AMG databases (2019)
- Prevalence of viral photosynthesis genes along a freshwater-saltwater transect in Southeast USA
- EcoZUR (2019)
- Metagenomic Signatures of Gut Infections Caused by Different Escherichia coli Pathotypes
- Description of Macondimonas diazotrophica (2019)
- A Novel Hydrocarbonoclastic Gammaproteobacterium as a Potential Biomarker for Ecosystem Recovery from Oil Spills
- BAC disinfectants (2018)
- Widely used Benzalkonium Chloride disinfectants can promote antibiotic resistance
- Ganges MAGs (2018)
- Intensive allochthonous inputs along the Ganges River and their effect on microbial community composition and dynamics
- FastANI (2018)
- Fast Average Nucleotide Identity - FastANI
- Kalamas MAGs (2018)
- Quantifying the changes in genetic diversity within sequence-discrete bacterial populations across a spatial and temporal riverine gradient
- 16S/ANI (2018)
- How much do rRNA gene surveys underestimate extant bacterial diversity?
- Fertilizers (2017)
- Year-round metagenomes reveal stable microbial communities in agricultural soils and novel ammonia oxidizers responding to fertilization.
- Showerheads (2016)
- Characterization of biofilms developing on hospital shower hoses and implications for nosocomial infections.
- ROCker (2016)
- ROCker: a pipeline for accurate detection and quantification of target genes in short-read metagenomic datasets.
- Kalamas (2016)
- Anthropogenic effects on bacterial diversity and function in Kalamas (Northwest Greece).
- Oil spill (2015)
- Microbial community successional patterns in beach sands impacted by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Nonpareil (2014)
- Nonpareil: a redundancy-based approach to assess the level of coverage in metagenomic datasets.
- MTR (2014)
- Evaluation of metatranscriptomic protocols and application to the study of freshwater microbial communities.
- MyTaxa (2014)
- MyTaxa: an advanced taxonomic classifier for genomic and metagenomic sequences.
- E. coli (2011)
- Genome sequencing of environmental Escherichia coli expands understanding of the ecology and speciation of the model bacterial species.