This website contains links to publicly available data released by Kostas lab.
Publications from Kostas lab
and Research projects at Kostas
- MAGs Vieques (under review)
- Microbial description of a military impacted lagoon in Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Soil multi-omics (under review)
- Multi-omics of Soil Microcosms
- PR Soils (under review)
- Taxonomic and functional characterization of tropical rainforest soil microbial communities along an elevation gradient and implications for nitrogen cycling
- Vaginal microbiota (under review)
- Vaginal Microbiota in Gynecologic Cancer Patients Pre- and Post-Radiation Therapy
- BAC disinfectants (under review)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa DPB isolate
- Fertilizers (under review)
- Year-round metagenomes reveal stable microbial communities in agricultural soils and novel ammonia oxidizers responding to fertilization.
- Cassava (under review)
- Metagenomic analysis of the microbial communities in a cassava flour processing plant.
- FastANI (2017 pre-pub)
- Fast Average Nucleotide Identity - FastANI
- 16S/ANI (2018)
- How much do rRNA gene surveys underestimate extant bacterial diversity?
- Showerheads (2016)
- Characterization of biofilms developing on hospital shower hoses and implications for nosocomial infections.
- ROCker (2016)
- ROCker: a pipeline for accurate detection and quantification of target genes in short-read metagenomic datasets.
- Kalamas (2016)
- Anthropogenic effects on bacterial diversity and function in Kalamas (Northwest Greece).
- Oil spill (2015)
- Microbial community successional patterns in beach sands impacted by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Nonpareil (2014)
- Nonpareil: a redundancy-based approach to assess the level of coverage in metagenomic datasets.
- MTR (2014)
- Evaluation of metatranscriptomic protocols and application to the study of freshwater microbial communities.
- MyTaxa (2014)
- MyTaxa: an advanced taxonomic classifier for genomic and metagenomic sequences.
- E. coli (2011)
- Genome sequencing of environmental Escherichia coli expands understanding of the ecology and speciation of the model bacterial species.