Frequently Asked Questions
§ Online submision
- What type of data can I use?
- You can use any sequence data, but the ideal is to use predicted genes from assembled sequences.
- How should I format my gene prediction results?
You need to tell MyTaxa which gene was predicted on which contig. There are three options for that:
- If you used the stand-alone MetaGeneMark, you can directly upload the GFF v2 file produced.
- If you used a software producing standard GFF v3, including the field id in the last column (with the Gene ID), you can directly upload this file.
- If you don't have either file, you can generate a simple flat text file containing the ID of the gene, the length of the gene, and the ID of the corresponding contig; separated by tabulations.